Bohemia, New York (December 2019) – Data Device Corporation (DDC) introduces an AC/DC solid-state power distribution unit (PDU) that provides significant Size, Weight, Power and Cost (SWaP-C) savings by combining both 115VAC and 28VDC functionality, along with high power density, into a single ruggedized, military-grade form factor. The RP-2A0000000X provides a total power capability of 55KVA (115VAC) and 31KW (28VDC), and employs DDC’s mission proven technology, with more than 1,000,000 Solid-State Power Controller (SSPC) nodes installed on military and aerospace systems since 1988, including on the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV).
Highly efficient, DDC’s SSPCs enable significant SWaP-C savings compared with mechanical switches, breakers, and relays, saving space for other components and expanded functionality. These compact, high density power control solutions enable a 7X power-to-volume and 5X power-to-weight savings, compared with larger mechanical alternatives, enabling reduced space consumption and fuel costs, while extending mission range. Additional SWaP-C savings are realized through a 70% reduction in power dissipation, along with energy savings through intelligent load shedding and prioritization. Inventory costs can be saved, as these Power Distribution Units (PDUs) can be programmed to support multiple platforms and varying mission requirements.
- High Reliability
- 25x improvement in MTBF, compared with mechanical switches, breakers, and relays
- Very rapid short circuit deactivation protects wires, loads, and SSPCs
- Improved mission safety and longevity
- Greater System Protection
- I²T overload protection avoids nuisance trips
- Controlled rise/fall time for EMI reduction, reduced inrush currents, and reduced inductive transients during turn-off
- Provides prognostics/diagnostics data
- Enables preventive and automated maintenance
- Power profiling and analysis
- More Efficiency
- 7x improvement in volume density, 5x improvement in weight density, compared with mechanical switches, breakers, and relays
- Low power dissipation
- Crew off-loading
- Energy savings through load shedding and load prioritization
- Programmability allows for increase in up-time and mission readiness
- Cost Savings
- Weight and integration savings
- Programmability allows for minimum inventory
- Minimized maintenance and support
- Field upgradability provides protection from obsolescence
"The RP-2A0000000X AC/DC solid-state PDU is based on DDC’s field proven SSPC multi-channel architecture and provides a mission ready power control solution, offering significant SWaP-C savings and advanced functionality," Steve Rood Goldman, DDC Product Line Manager, Power.
Data Device Corporation (DDC) is a world leader in the design and manufacture of high-reliability Connectivity, Power and Control solutions (Data Networking Components to Processor Based Subsystems, Space Qualified SBCs and Radiation Hardened Components; Power Distribution, Control and Conversion; Motor Control and Motion Feedback) for aerospace, defense, space, and industrial applications. With awards for quality, delivery, and support, DDC has served these industries as a trusted resource for more than 55 years... providing proven solutions that are optimized for efficiency, reliability, and performance. Data Device Corporation brands include DDC, Beta Transformer Technology Corporation, National Hybrid Inc., North Hills Signal Processing Corp., Pascall Electronics Ltd., and XCEL Power Systems Ltd. DDC is headquartered in Bohemia, NY and has manufacturing operations in New York, California, Mexico, and the United Kingdom.