Bohemia, New York (November 2019) – Data Device Corporation (DDC) introduces a redesigned version of its popular Synchro/Resolver two-speed combiner, now featuring 3.3V I/O within a compact and highly efficient FBGA (Fine Pitch Ball Grid Array) package. The SD-15901 FBGA design provides space and power savings with a 34% smaller footprint and 35% less power dissipation than the previous generation, enabling SWaP optimization of PCB layout and ease of assembly with ball grid array surface mounting.
Using coarse and fine digital angle inputs, the combiner provides up to 22-bit angle resolution, making it ideal for high-performance position control systems requiring real-time precision resolution. Additionally, the SD-15901 is RoHS compliant, and rated for the full military temperature range (-55°C to +125°C).
- Optimized Performance and Design
- High resolution (up to 22 bits)
- Small footprint (23 mm x 23 mm) saves board space, 34% smaller compared with (28.4 mm x 28.4 mm) of previous generation
- Low power dissipation, 35% less power dissipated than previous generation (at nominal operation)
- FBGA design enables ease of assembly
- Flexibility & Ease of Use
- Can be used with all 3.3V Synchro/Resolver converters and processors, no logic shifters required
- No software or calibration required
- Military temperature range (-55°C to +125°C)
- RoHS compliant
"DDC’s second generation Synchro/Resolver two-speed combiner offers significant SWaP savings along with high resolution, to enable optimized PDB design," Roger Tomassi, DDC Product Line Manager, Motion Feedback.
Data Device Corporation (DDC) is a world leader in the design and manufacture of high-reliability Connectivity, Power and Control solutions (Data Networking Components to Processor Based Subsystems, Space Qualified SBCs and Radiation Hardened Components; Power Distribution, Control and Conversion; Motor Control and Motion Feedback) for aerospace, defense, space, and industrial applications. With awards for quality, delivery, and support, DDC has served these industries as a trusted resource for more than 55 years... providing proven solutions that are optimized for efficiency, reliability, and performance. Data Device Corporation brands include DDC, Beta Transformer Technology Corporation, National Hybrid Inc., North Hills Signal Processing Corp., Pascall Electronics Ltd., and XCEL Power Systems Ltd. DDC is headquartered in Bohemia, NY and has manufacturing operations in New York, California, Mexico, and the United Kingdom.