Bohemia, New York (January 2016) Data Device Corporation (DDC) introduces a new, low-cost BLDC motor controller for speed, torque and position control. The MC-5000 series BLDC motor controller provides a turnkey, plug-and-play solution, that is available in configurations to support motors that utilize Hall sensor or sensorless commutation for torque and speed control, or encoder feedback for position control or commutation. The device can be programmed, via an easy-to-use Graphical User Interface (GUI), enabling it to deliver optimal motor performance with a wide variety of brushless DC motors and loads. Additionally, ease of programmability reduces time-to-market costs and in-house development efforts by enabling key system parameters to be tuned to optimize performance during development, and then, if needed, reprogrammed for use with additional applications and motors. Beyond these cost and time saving benefits, the MC-5000’s compact, highly-efficient single-module design provides Size, Weight, Power and Cost (SWaP-C) savings, while ensuring precision motor control, making it an ideal solution for single axis, point-of-load industrial applications, including: pumps, fans, valve actuators, compressors, autonomous guided vehicles, industrial robotics and underwater ROV thrusters and fin controls. Pricing for the MC-5000 series BLDC motor controller starts at $249.00 USD.
- Compact, high power density, fully integrated solution
- Multiple voltage/current ratings available: 100V/30A, 200V/10A, and 400V/5A, with motor drive capability to 1.5KW
- Fully integrated, plug-and-play solution — bus powered platform with on-board power terminals and I/O connectors
- Platform options to support Hall sensor/sensorless or encoder motor commutation
- Digital I/O options to support CANbus or RS-422/RS-485
- Ideal for single axis, point-of-load applications operating from 0°C to 85°C
- Comprehensive circuit protection for platform voltage, current and temperature
- Leverages DDC’s aerospace manufacturing capabilities, obsolescence management and pedigree
- Engineered to deliver a high MTBF, the MC-5000 series enables improved system reliability, maximizing up-time with a lower cost of ownership
- Intuitive, easy-to-use software GUI for platform development and motor tuning, reduces in-house development risk and time-to-market
- The MC-5000 series motor controller can be programmed for optimized use in one motor application and then reprogrammed as needed for optimized use with a broad range of motors for other application platforms… minimizing inventory and operation costs
- Extensive programming parameters, include: pulse width modulation (PWM) 10KHz - 25kHz; PI gain values; soft start; and sinusoidal Field Oriented Control (FOC)
- Complementary four-quadrant drive
- Supports driving and braking in both directions
- Minimizes power dissipation
- Provides holding torque for high accuracy positioning in critical applications
“DDC’s new MC-5000 torque, speed and position motor controllers offer the ideal combination of high performance, power saving efficiency, and programming flexibility, making them the ideal plug-and-play solution for high-reliability industrial applications” stated Rolf Mahler, DDC’s Industrial Product Line Manager.
Data Device Corporation (DDC) is a world leader in the design and manufacture of high-reliability Connectivity, Power and Control solutions (Data Networking; Power Distribution, Control and Conversion; Motor Control and Motion Feedback) for aerospace, defense, and industrial applications. With awards for quality, delivery, and support, DDC has served these industries as a trusted resource for more than 50 years... providing proven solutions that are optimized for efficiency, reliability, and performance. Data Device Corporation brands include DDC, Beta Transformer Technology Corporation, National Hybrid Inc., Pascall Electronics Ltd., and XCEL Power Systems Ltd. DDC is headquartered in Bohemia, NY and has manufacturing operations in New York, California, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit: visit:www.ddc-web.com.
Related Product Links: