Bohemia, New York (March 2015) Data Device Corporation introduces the Avionics Interface Computer (AIC), providing a scalable, programmable, and portable platform to develop and test MIL-STD-1553 and ARINC 429 system applications via an Ethernet network. The AIC features 2 PMC and 2 Mini-PCIe expansion sites, allowing users to select interface boards optimized for their specific application and connectivity needs. An onboard Intel® Atom™ E3845 Quad Core 1.91GHz processor provides programming flexibility and simplifies connectivity by automatically bridging messages in real-time between Ethernet, ARINC 429, and MIL-STD-1553. The BU-67121W AIC also lowers the complexity and cost of many long discrete cables by locating the 1553/429 interfaces close to onboard electronics, and then using the Ethernet interface to provide network access and control from the test lab.
- 3 Modes of operation provide complete bridging capability
- Remote Access…allows easy access to 1553/429 connection via Ethernet network
- Protocol Conversion…allows users to create embedded software that seamlessly transfers data between 1553, 429 and Ethernet interfaces
- Standalone…allows the AIC to operate as a user programmable computer system
- Embedded processor provides programming flexibility, enabling the AIC to serve a broad range of data conversion and unique application needs
- Intel Atom E3845 Quad Core, 1.91 GHz processor
- 2 GB DDR3L mSDRAM
- 30 GB SSD
- Hardware expandability and flexibility to suit your current and future needs
- 2 PMC and 2 Mini-PCIe expansion sites
- Compatible with all Linux-based PMC and Mini-PCIe I/O boards
“The Avionics Interface Computer’s open architecture provides the flexibility and scalability to integrate a wide range of DDC’s feature rich and field proven PMC and Mini-PCIe boards. This, coupled with the AIC’s embedded software and protocol conversion tools, will enable users to support and accelerate complex test and development projects”, stated Greg Tiedemann, DDC’s Data Bus Director.
Data Device Corporation (DDC) is a world leader in the design and manufacture of high-reliability Connectivity, Power and Control solutions (Data Networking; Power Distribution, Control and Conversion; Motor Control and Motion Feedback) for aerospace, defense, and industrial applications. With awards for quality, delivery, and support, DDC has served these industries as a trusted resource for more than 50 years... providing proven solutions that are optimized for efficiency, reliability, and performance. Data Device Corporation brands include DDC, Beta Transformer Technology Corporation, National Hybrid Inc., Pascall Electronics Ltd., and XCEL Power Systems Ltd. DDC is headquartered in Bohemia, NY and has manufacturing operations in New York, California, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit: visit:www.ddc-web.com.
Related Product Links: